A super quick weekday pork dish with lemongrass infused rice - oozing with flavour and only a handful of ingredients.
250 g pork mince
1 sachet Ketjap Manis
1 stick lemongrass
1 sachet soy sauce
1 clove garlic
1/2 sachet easy ginger
1 bunch coriander
1 bag chopped chinese leaf
1 punnet shitake mushrooms
150g basmati rice
1. Heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan over high heat and add the pork mince. Cook until browned, 5 mins, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Pour the boiling water into another large saucepan and place on a high heat.
2. Bash the lemongrass with the bottom of a saucepan and add to the pan of boiling water with a pinch of salt. Stir in the rice, boil until tender, 10 mins. When cooked drain and remove the lemongrass.
3. Meanwhile, slice the shitake mushrooms. Zest then chop the lime into wedges. Roughly chop the coriander. Peel and grate the garlic.
4. Add the mushrooms and chinese leaf to the pork. Stir-fry until the chinese leaf has softened, 3-4 mins. Add the garlic and easy ginger, cook for 1 minute more.
5. Stir the ketjap manis and soy sauce into the pork and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and squeeze in some lime juice to taste. Stir through half the coriande. Mix the lime zest through the drained rice and season with salt to taste.
6. Share the rice between two plates. Serve the pork alongside. Finish with a sprinkling of the remaining coriander and a wedge of lime.