A relatively quick and easy dish to put together. A great recipe to use up leftover risotto rather than making it all from scratch.
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp olive oil
1 knob of butter
1 butternut squash
1 chicken stock pot
1.5L boiling water
400g arborio rice
1-2 packs of goats cheese
600g chilled risotto
2 eggs, beaten
- Peel the squash and cut it into small cubes.
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan, add the squash, onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the arborio rice to the pan ensuring the rice is coated in the oil and butter.
- Start to add the stock gradually to the pan covering the ingredients. Keep stirring and adding the water gradually until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been mostly absorbed. This can take up to 15 minutes.
- About 2 minutes before the rice is ready crumble in the goats cheese.
- Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool before making the arancini balls.
Arancini balls -
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the breadcrumbs on the baking tray, spray with oil and bake for 5-10 minutes until they have turned golden.
- Place the flour in a dish, beaten eggs in another dish and the breadcrumbs on a flat plate.
- Roll the risotto into balls (about 1.5 tbsp each)
- Roll each ball into the flour, then dip into the egg and finally coat with the breadcrumbs.
Place onto a baking tray, lightly spray with oil and cook until golden and heated through (approx 20 minutes).
- Serve with some sun-dried tomato pesto.