A quick an easy 15-minute evening meal which can be enjoyed by all the family.
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 25 mins Serving: 2
4 red peppers
½ tbsp coconut oil
3 celery sticks, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 chicken breasts (roughly 450g in total)
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 clove garlic
350g basmatic rice
100g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 1900C.
2. Cook the basmati rice for 10 mins or so until done.
3. Cut off the top of the peppers and put to one side. Using a sharp nice remove the seeds and white parts from the inside of the peppers. Stand the peppers upright on a baking tray line with foil. Cook in the oven (fan 1700C, gas mark 5) for 8 minutes, until they start to soften.
4. Sprinkle the paprika and cumin over the chicken in a bowel and set to one side.
5. While the peppers are cooking, melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the celery, onion and carrot. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and spiced chicken and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes – try and get a nice brown colour to the chicken.
6. Reduce the heat, toss everything together and season well. Add the rice, chickpeas and 3 tbsp of water. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes and take the pan off the heat.
7. Fill the peppers with as much of the rice mixture as you can – put the stuffed peppers back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
8. Serve the peppers up and drizzle the soy sauce on top.