This was a recipe combining leftover food in my fridge following once weekend of entertaining.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
1 Bunch Parsley
1/4 Chicken Stock Pot
1 Garlic Clove
1 Small Packet Jackfruit Chorizo
2 Handfuls Frozen Peas
2 Handfuls Baby Spinach
2tbsp Parmesan Cheese
1tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add in the gnocchi and gently pan-fry until golden all over. This should take around 10 mins. Turn the gnocchi frequently to make sure they don't burn. Tip: Do this in batches and when one batch is ready, keep them warm on a baking tray in your oven whilst you get on with the next batch.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Remove the top and bottom from the courgette, cut lengthways into 1cm strips, then chop into chunks. Pick the parsley leaves from their stalks and keep to one side (discard the stalks).
- Heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the jackfruit chorizo and cook until it is browned and has released its lovely red oil, 5-7 mins. Once the jackfruit chorizo is cooked, add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute more, then add the stock pot and water. Stir to dissolve the stock pot and bring to the boil.
- When the sauce is boiling, add the courgette, baby spinach and frozen peas. Cover the pan with a lid or plate and cook until the courgette and peas are soft and the spinach has wilted, 4-5 mins.
- Tear in half the parsley leaves and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the gnocchi to the sauce and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture into bowls and finish with a sprinkle of parsley and Parmesan cheese.
#trysomethingnew #gnocchi #inspiredbyjamieoliver #pasta#carbohydrates #homecooking #countryliving #nutritionist #cooking#experimentinginthekitchen #balanceddiet #food #diets #heath #scrumptious#lovemyjob