Why not try this super easy oven baked dish - packed full of flavour and a range of veggies. A must try for the family!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 Red Pepper
1/2 Red Onion
1 Garlic Clove
1tsp Italian Herbs
2 tbsp Tomato Puree
175g Arborio Risotto Rice
1 Vegetable Stock Pot
1 Small Punnet Cherry Plum Tomatoes
1 Bag Rocket
30g Unsalted Butter
1/2 Bunch Basil
3tbsp Parmesan Cheese
1tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C and boil your kettle.
- Trim the aubergine then halve lengthways. Chop each half into four long strips then chop widthways into roughly 2cm pieces.
- Halve the red pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Halve, peel and chop the red onion into small pieces.
- Trim the courgette then slice into rounds about 1cm thick.
- Peel and grate the garlic.
Roast the Veggies:
- Pop the aubergine and pepper onto a lined baking tray. Season with salt and black pepper and half the Italian herbs. Drizzle on some oil and use your hands to run the flavours all over the veggies. Arrange in one even layer and roast on the top shelf of your oven until soft and golden, 20-25 mins.
Start the Risotto:
- Heat a splash of oil in a large oven proof dish over a medium high heat. Add the onion. Cook until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the tomato puree, garlic and remaining Italian herbs and then the arborio rice. Stir to coat the grains in the tomato puree mixture. Pour in the boiling water and stock pot. Stir to dissolve. Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and pop on the middle shelf of your oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While everything cooks in the oven heat a large frying pan on high heat. When hot, add the courgette slices and cook until charred, 2-3 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper as they cook. Remove from the heat and set aside. Meanwhile, halve the cherry plum tomatoes and pop into a large bowl with the rocket. Dress later.
- Pick the basil leaves from their stalks and roughly tear. When the risotto is cooked, remove from the oven and mix in the butter and cheese. Stir through the roasted aubergine, pepper and torn basil. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Juice the lemon into a small bowl and stir in the olive oil. This is your dressing. Pour the dressing onto the rocket and tomatoes. Toss to coat. Share the risotto between your bowls and top with the charred courgette. Serve the salad alongside. Drizzle over a little balsamic glaze.